Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
The Royal College of Art is the UK’s only entirely postgraduate institution of art and design, dedicated to teaching, research and knowledge exchange with industry. The RCA has been ranked the number one university-level institution for art and design, internationally, for the eighth consecutive year according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022.
Associate Lecturers (ALs) at the Royal College of Art (RCA) contribute high quality, postgraduate teaching and tuition to complement and enhance core teaching delivery of Programmes across Schools and Directorates. ALs bring leading industry expertise and specialism, often from diverse disciplines and sectors, ensuring students receive depth and diversity in their Programme learning, and multi-disciplinary input during their studies. Depending on the specific scope of your employment you will be required to fulfil elements of the following as appropriate, directed by your Senior Tutor, Head of Programme, or Dean:
Learning & teaching
- Contribute to teaching, delivering high-quality teaching content that meets the needs of individual students.
- Contribute to, deliver cross-school and cross-disciplinary teaching and related activities as appropriate.
- Provide academic, pastoral and technical (as appropriate) tutorial support to students, including regular on-to-one meetings as agreed.
Academic delivery, administration & citizenship
- Attends (as appropriate to their fraction) some School Wide or Programme Level planning events as part of Academic delivery, administration & citizenship.
- Participate in field trips in line with programme requirements, supporting student learning and helping to ensure pedagogic value from such trips.
- Undertake risk assessments for work as necessary, complying with the necessary policies and procedures and ensuring the safety of students and colleagues.
For more information on the role please see the Info Pack.
The Royal College of Art is an equal opportunities employer. The College particularly welcomes applications from all sections of the community and would particularly encourage members of minority groups to apply.