Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
The School of Built Environment and Architecture is looking for an Associate Professor in Sustainable Built Environment within the Division of Construction, Property and Surveying.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and results-oriented professional to contribute to the teaching and academic development of Construction, Property and Surveying and its related subject areas on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate built environment courses. The role will also involve educational management, enterprise, professional and scholarly activities. We are looking for a candidate to have the following skills/experience/attitude qualities:
- A PhD degree in relevant to the area of Construction, Property and Surveying.
- Fellow in HEA and desirably Senior Fellow of HEA
- Full membership of relevant professional body such as RICS, CIOB, CIAT, and RIBA
- Teaching experience in Higher Education, vocational teaching experience, blended delivery would be particularly relevant.
- Knowledge of the UK & international standards, guidance, and legislation on construction, property and surveying.
- A strong research record with a pedigree in attracting funded research and publishing in quality journals.
- Excellent understanding of Information and digital technologies for construction
- Working as part of a team to enhance student experience and having very good communication skills.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful
The successful candidate will have to be qualified professional in the Built Environment discipline holds a doctoral degree related to construction, property and surveying with relevant experience and a full member of a relevant professional body such as RICS, CIOB, CIAT and RIBA (or equivalent)
Experience of teaching in Higher Education would be beneficial, as would the knowledge of Construction industry and writing research bids. The role will require the preparation of innovative educational materials to deliver high quality teaching as evidenced by strong module feedback and high student success on taught modules, so previous experience of module co-ordination/leadership would be beneficial.
Details about the role and How to apply
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Please apply using the online application form and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting REQ8772. Please note that CVs will not be considered unless the application form has been completed.
To view the Job Description & Person Specification – please click here (Right click and select ‘open in new tab’ option – Please use the Internet Explorer or Firefox application only. Please don’t use an Apple MAC computer or Chrome as unfortunately the iTrent system does not operate on these platforms)
For further information on the role, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Professor George Agyekum-Mensah (email@example.com).
Interview and assessment process
It is expected that the (interview (and assessment) will be held on 19th June.
Click here for Further Information