Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
“Oaklands College, is a vibrant, inclusive and progressive Further Education College, with a commitment to student success provided through the best possible learning environment and student experience”
We are looking for a curriculum technician with experience of maintaining and managing Construction/Civil Engineering laboratory and equipment. The role is to ensure all resources are available for the teaching and assessment of Construction and Civil Engineering students across a range of course from L2 to L5. Including maintaining and replenishing equipment and supplies along with health and safety compliance The role involves supporting lecturers to ensure students are working safely. Supporting the delivery of laboratory work and materials testing, like tensile/compressive strength testing, slump test, shear force and bending moments testing, in accordance with industry standard such as BS and Eurocodes.
The college is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interview date TBC – We reserve the right to close the advert early should suitable candidates be found, therefore early applications are advised.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous annual leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
- Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.