Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
The School of Built Environment and Architecture is looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Quantity Surveying within the Division of Construction, Property and Surveying.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and results-oriented professional to contribute to the teaching and academic development of Construction, Property and Surveying and its related subject areas on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate built environment courses. The role will also involve educational management, enterprise, professional and scholarly activities. Candidate should have the following skills/experience/attitude qualities:
- Undergraduate and Master’s degree in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management. Desirably, a PhD or relevant work experience and full membership of RICS and CIOB or equivalent.
- Teaching experience in Higher Education, vocational teaching experience, blended delivery would be particularly relevant.
- Knowledge of the UK & international standards, guidance, and legislation on construction, quantity surveying and commercial management.
- A strong research record with a pedigree in attracting funded research and publishing in quality journals.
- Excellent understanding of Information and digital technologies for construction
- Working as part of a team to enhance student experience and having very good communication skills.
Exciting work you will do
This role will give you an opportunity to work in excellent team with a focus on improving student experience and empowering tomorrow’s leaders in the Built Environment. You will also be involved in research within the reputable Centre for Integrated Delivery of Built Environment (IDoBE) Research Group that has worked on many collaborative projects and with a wide range of partners within and outside the UK.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful
The successful candidate will have to be qualified in a relevant Built Environment discipline at undergraduate and post graduate level. Desirably, the candidate should hold a doctoral degree in a related discipline or with relevant experience and a member of a relevant professional body.
Experience of teaching in Higher Education would be beneficial, as would the knowledge of Construction industry and writing research bids. The role will require the preparation of innovative educational materials to deliver high quality teaching as evidenced by strong module feedback and high student success on taught modules, so previous experience of module co-ordination/leadership would be beneficial.
Details about the role and How to apply
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Please apply using the online application form and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting REQ8686. Please note that CVs will not be considered unless the application form has been completed.
To view the Job Description & Person Specification – please click here (Right click and select ‘open in new tab’ option – Please use the Internet Explorer or Firefox application only. Please don’t use an Apple MAC computer or Chrome as unfortunately the iTrent system does not operate on these platforms)
For further information on the role, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Professor George Agyekum-Mensah (email@example.com).
Interview and assessment process
It is expected that the (interview (and assessment) will be held on 13th June 2023.
Please Note: The Job Reference # for this post is REQ8686.
Click here for Further Information