Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Performance is a BEIS Heat Pump Ready Stream 2 project for which LSBU has successfully secured funds in partnership with Parity Projects, RetrofitWorks, ICAX and Cambridge Energy Group Ltd. The project will develop a commercial product for improving heat pump retrofit performance predictions, coupled with post installation monitoring and analysis to provide enhanced performance guarantees. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and organised Research Fellow to support the research and development of outputs for the project.
The successful candidate will be familiar with applied research, have an excellent work ethic, with high quality written and oral communication skills.
They will be engaging, enthusiastic, well-organised in their work, and flexible in their approach. Given the tight timeframes within which outputs are expected, the successful candidates will also have excellent time management skills.
Since the position has considerable data analysis element, a background data analysis in the engineering, energy systems or building physics contexts is also desirable.
Exciting work you will do
The post-holder will work with Professor Tony Day, and Professor Issa Chaer and will be responsible for:
- Building the data analytics engine and supporting databases.
- Conducting analysis on the data to improve the accuracy and reliability of simplified energy models.
- Validating the model results against real energy performance data and dynamic simulation models.
- Conducting stress testing of the final tools.
- Actively contributing to the project, meeting regularly with the project supervisor.
The skills and experience you will need to be successful
- An undergraduate or postgraduate qualification.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience of report writing.
- A highly motivated individual, with experience of working to own initiative and thinking creatively to solve problems and come up with new ideas.
- Experience of contributing to a team’s established objectives.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to plan and manage your own time.
- A well-organised and flexible approach.
Details about the role and how to apply
This is a fixed-term, part-time position (0.5 FTE – 2.5 days a week) and is funded from the Performance- BEIS Heat Pump Ready Stream 2 project. The term of employment is until 31/01/2025.
Please note that the University is operating a hybrid working model with a blend of working on site and from home; confirmation of days worked on campus are arranged with the line manager.
To view the Job Description and Person Specification, go to the attachments at the top of the advert (available on the university’s website, accessed by the apply button) (Right click and select ‘open in new tab’ option).
Please submit a CV and cover letter clearly addressing the essential selection criteria detailed in the Job Description.
Managers contact details
Professor Issa Chaer- email@example.com.
Interview and assessment process
It is expected that the (interview (and assessment) will be held during week commencing 21 November 2022.
Please Note: The Job Reference # for this post is REQ8052.