Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Lecturer for our RIBA and ARB accredited BA (Hons) Architecture course. The post-holder will be responsible to the Course Leader of Architecture and will support them in module leadership, academic delivery and research activity.
Architecture at Falmouth is built on over a century of tradition and history in creative studies. A professional course, it provides students with a thorough understanding of how to design and make innovative sustainable buildings, environments, spaces and places for today and tomorrow. Theory is integrated within studio practice, while students are encouraged to define their own personal architectural agenda by positioning thoughts and ideas in a historical, contemporary, and future context. The exceptional character of the course is marked by socially engaged live projects, working with local groups, clients, organisations, and places.
The only degree for Architecture in Cornwall, the course is firmly rooted in this unique location and draws upon the diverse and sometimes extreme environments that exist here. As a Senior Lecturer, you will provide module leadership and teaching across the course, using your specialist knowledge to shape and inform the delivery of a modern curriculum. You will support the Course Leader with enhancing the student experience and learning by delivering quality processes, assessment, recruitment, personal tutoring and developing strong links with local, national, and international industry partners. You will contribute to the annual quality inspections and professional body reviews of the Architecture course and assist the course leader in addressing future criteria changes and curriculum development. As a full time, Senior Lecturer, you will work with colleagues across the school and university to grow the faculty through new course development, curriculum planning, and ensuring a positive student experience.
We are looking to hear from candidates with the following skills/experience:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of Architecture, Design and Theory.
- Experience of UK practice and UK regulatory frameworks
- Proven ability and experience of studio tutoring, delivery of professional studies and module leadership in HE, sufficient to have gained a thorough knowledge and understanding of the requirements on those teaching at this level.
- Specialist knowledge in one of the following areas,
o Sustainable Design and Passivhaus building strategies
o BIM and Digital/ Immersive technologies with built environment applications
o AI applications within Architecture
o Innovation in construction methods
- An ongoing and demonstrable track record in research through exhibitions, publications, grant awards and Research Excellence Framework (REF) submissions.
- Demonstrable professional practice and/or Knowledge Transfer.
- Strong relationships with industry and ability to develop partnerships, projects and employment opportunities for students.
This is a permanent, full time, 28 hours a week position across Monday-Friday.
The closing date for the position is Wednesday 24 May 2023.