Architecture Competition: Isla Providencia Pavilion – International Ideas competition
The Isla de Providencia Pavilion – International Ideas Competition calls for the design of an ephemeral installation on the landscape that will generate an innovative and sustainable approach and allow for the development of a speculative iconic place on Providencia Island, located in Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela.
The contestants must design a proposal that complies with the conditions specified in the terms and conditions of this competition based on the times and characteristics indicated therein. The present Ideas Competition is open, anonymous, and international in a single phase and is governed by the provisions set forth in the terms and conditions.
From the moment the contestant formalizes his/her participation, he/she agrees to accept all parts of the Competition without appeal to its regulatory, technical and procedural provisions set forth in the rules. The Providencia Island Pavilion International Ideas Competition is organized by the IAC curatorial project.
The IAC curatorial project will be responsible for organizing the information prior to the development of the competition, for receiving the queries made by the participants and providing the corresponding answers, in accordance with the provisions of these rules, and for drafting the minutes of the Jury’s session and the awards ceremony.
Participants are invited to submit ideas for the development of a project for a pavilion or ephemeral installation, with a public and speculative vocation on the territory of a minimum of 1 square meter and a maximum of 100 square meters, without height limits, that serves as a landmark on the territory and that invites to remain in it.
The proposal must be suggestive, attractive to any visitor to the island, and become a point of attraction in the landscape. The project must be environmentally conscious and not limit the participants to the use of a specific construction system.
For more information about the island visit i-a-c.website
To make your registration effective, you must pay a single registration fee:
- First stage of registration
From November 22 to December 13, 2021:
USD $ 25 US dollars.
- Second stage of registration
From December 14 to January 10, 2022:
USD $ 40 US dollars.
There is no additional cost to the registration fee, since the entire process of participation and submission of proposals will be through the Internet.
After registration you will receive access to the following resources:
Base plan in .PDF
File photographs Adobe
Illustrator model of boards
Architects, designers, urban planners, students of architecture and/or related disciplines from all over the world may participate, individually or in teams. Teams may include members from any discipline, although it is suggested that one of the members be an architect or architecture student. It is not necessary to have any kind of registration with the professional association of the country of origin to participate.
The jury will be formed by:
– Alejandro Haiek Coll – The Public Machinery (Venezuela – Sweden)
– Grupo Talca (Chile)
– Andrea Griborio (Venezuela / Mexico)
– Maximillian Nowotka (Venezuela / Mexico)
To learn more about the jury click on the following link
– USD 500.00
– Publication of the winning project in different international media.
– Subscription to Arquine Digital Magazine for one (1) year. (2022)
– Online exhibition publication
The Jury may agree to mention as many projects as it deems worthy of such distinction.
– Online exhibition publication
- November 22, 2021 | Launching of the call for applications
- November 22, 2021 | Registration early
- December 13, 2021 | Finalization of the first stage of registration
- December 13, 2021 | End of consultation period
- December 17, 2021 | Publication of FAQ
- January 10, 2022 | End of registration
- January 21, 2022 | Deadline for submission of proposals
- January 26, 2022 | Jury’s decision
- January 27, 2022 | Announcement of results
For more information visit i-a-c.website or write to : firstname.lastname@example.org