Expressions of Interest: 6 October 2022
Full applications: November 2022
You’ve got the skill. You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the ambition.
Join our pioneering research fellows and get the generous funding, specialist support and unique opportunities you need to be a research leader.
Our fellows are essential to our mission of delivering exceptional research that transforms lives in the UK and across the world.
Apply now and join a university with a diverse, thriving community and a reputation for transformative discoveries. Our fellows are the research leaders of tomorrow, working with inspirational pioneers from across disciplines to find solutions to complex global problems.
We recognise that exceptional people come from many backgrounds, with diverse career paths and circumstances that are as individual as you are. We are committed to an inclusive and dynamic research environment, and welcome applications from those wishing to work part-time to meet personal responsibilities. Due to under representation, we are especially interested in supporting those from Black and Asian backgrounds.
We have two parallel schemes, offering the same package of support:
- Anne McLaren Fellowships, aimed at outstanding female postdoctoral researchers in science, technology, engineering and medicine at the early stage of their academic careers, who are typically under-represented in these subjects
- Nottingham Research Fellowships, targeted at exceptional postdoctoral researchers from all academic disciplines represented at the university
Excellent support to enable you to achieve your research ambitions, including:
- Three years’ independent research funding, covering salary costs at c.£42,155-£53,353
- The link to a permanent academic post, subject to performance
- Additional funding for research expenses totalling £75,000
- Childcare costs of up to £15,000
- Access to mentoring, career development and networking with the wider fellowship community
Eligibility: You will have been awarded your PhD. Our fellowships are aimed at early career researchers, but we will ensure that varied career paths are taken into account and candidates are assessed on their quality, potential and track record, relative to their career stage.
Find out more: For full details on how to apply, including relevant school/faculty contacts and for further information and guidance, visit http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/researchfellows You can also find out what it’s like to be a fellow at Nottingham and what makes a good candidate.