In anticipation of the 2021 Conscious Cities Festival this October, we are delighted to announce an open call for submissions for the yearly Conscious Cities Anthology showcasing the diverse and impactful thinking by Conscious Cities practitioners. We are soliciting submissions from festival participants, industry professionals, the general public, and anyone who feels their pieces fit the details below. See past anthologies in our open-access library.
This years theme is: The Person-Space Continuum. Submissions may address the following, but are not bound to the themes below:
1. Community Participation, Cross-disciplinary Design Research and Practice
2. The relationship between phenomenology of spatial experience, building technology, and computation
3. Quantifying the person-space dialogue and impact-driven design methods and processes
4. Role of critical theory and pop-culture in the design of future places
Submitted content must be applicable to the Conscious Cities Festival theme: The Person-Space Continuum. Tone should be clear and accessible to a general audience. We will accept the following:
1. Research papers.
2. Case studies.
3. Opinion pieces, (for example, architectural criticism).
4. Recorded Talks or Other Multimedia submissions (that are not required to be academically driven).
5. We will be accepting abstracts only until a certain date. See below for more details.
Timeline: submissions will be accepted: June 1st, 2021 – August 1st.
Abstracts accepted June 1st – July 1st, only.
On or before August 1st: Abstract acceptances announced.
August 30th: Acceptances of all other submissions announced.
August 30th – September 30th: Revisions, edits, editorial feedback/review stages.
October 2021: Publication.
To submit, fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/Vtpe2ArP5ShvrdHYA