35 Hours (1 FTE), Permanent
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
UHI Inverness is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. UHI Inverness has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as an assessor within the School of Construction and Forestry on a permanent basis. We are looking for applicants to have industrial experience in building surveying, building standards or similar.
We are seeking a suitably skilled person to work with employers, supporting the enrolment, progression and achievement of Modern Apprentices and other work-based learners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a caseload of Modern Apprentices and other work-based learners, providing training, assessment and review activities to support the timely achievement of high-quality Modern Apprenticeship Frameworks and work-related qualifications. And in addition, identify opportunities to develop new and existing income streams, through technical liaison with employers and broader industry engagement.
- Work with Business Solutions Advisors and employers, to develop appropriate learning plans and interventions to meet specific skills requirements.
- Be responsible for a caseload of Modern Apprentices and other work-based learners allocated by the line manager in consultation with Business Solutions.
- Assessment or work place evidence
- Guidance and Support
- Quality and Standards
- Professional Practice and Development
- A relevant Construction qualification SCQF Level 8 such as Architectural Technology, Building Standards, Building Surveying or similar.
- Have relevant and current industrial experience including knowledge of Scottish Building Regulations.
- Have confidence and experience working with ICT e.g. Microsoft packages, emails on online systems.
- Have current and relevant evidence of CPD.
- Holding or willing to work towards current workplace Assessor or Verifier qualifications as defined by SQA (Currently L&D9D or L&D9D1)
- Ability to travel in a timely manner between customer and work-related locations using a company vehicle.
- H&S Qualification or willing to work towards.
You should also be flexible, reflective, innovative, creative and personally committed to continuing vocational and professional development.
You should possess effective interpersonal skills and have good IT skills in applications such as MS Office and other relevant subject related software packages.
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme check through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 23 August 22
Shortlisting will take place: 25th August 22
Interviews: 1 and 2 September 22
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on email@example.com or on 01463 273210.