Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Job Type: Part Time Fixed Term, Casual
Location: Waterside Campus
Closing Date: 27-09-2023
About the Job
(Casual hours/fixed term)
(Interview date to be confirmed)
As an Associate Lecturer you will be expected to deliver the following:
- prepare and deliver teaching sessions according to curriculum specifications and to undertake all the stages of assessment associated with the taught hours. This is with particular focus on and energy simulation software and building performance analysis, particularly IES software
- participate in quality assurance and development activities related to the taught curriculum
- plan, prepare and deliver lectures, seminars, etc
- design and implement assessments in accordance with the module/unit specification, for first sits and resits
- deliver assessment outcomes (marks etc) to relevant academic/support staff, meeting agreed deadlines
- undertake moderation and second marking equivalent to the primary assessment load
- attend, as required, course related boards including field/course boards and exam boards
- undertake quality assurance processes directly associated with the teaching. (These may be in-class – e.g. student feedback, or out of class – e.g. reviewing a module on an annual basis
- liaise with other staff, normally by telephone or email, re teaching and assessment duties
- undertake necessary scholarship and personal development to enable the teaching programme to be kept up to date, and to be delivered and assessed according to University policies and quality standards
- be involved in curriculum development and the development of marketing materials directly related to the teaching activities
Industry experience is a key to this post. You would need to have knowledge in Building Information Modelling (BIM), energy simulation and building performance analysis, post occupancy evaluation and Building Services Engineering.
Therefore, the skills required are namely:
- Energy simulation software and building performance analysis, particularly IES software
- Building services engineering background and CFD modelling (Computational fluid dynamics)
Specifics for qualifications:
- Background in Architecture, and/or Architectural related discipline, and/or Buildings related discipline. Also, mechanical engineering is desired for the CFD modelling
Right to Work
All candidates will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Due to the requirements laid out by UK Visas and Immigration regarding Right to Work in the UK, the University can only accept applications from individuals who currently have a status allowing them to work in the UK for this position. Due to this criteria we regret that we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
The University of Northampton is committed to providing a vibrant, ethical and sustainable work, study and living environment that values equality, diversity and inclusion.
This commitment, along with our legal and moral obligations, provides an inclusive environment for staff, students and the public who may be affected by our activities.
Together @ UON confirms our commitment to equality and inclusion, underpinned by our belief in taking action. We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates equality and harnesses the power of diversity.
Together @ UON demonstrates our pledge to our staff, students and partners to nurture and develop an environment where equality and inclusion can thrive whilst we Transform Lives and Inspire Change.
To find out more, please visit: https://www.northampton.ac.uk/about-us/governance-and-management/management/equality-and-diversity/