Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
A Market forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview/offer.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group came into existence in March 2022. With three established colleges in Castleford, Selby and Wakefield, our aspiration is to be outstanding in everything we do. Our vision is ‘“To be an outstanding, first-choice education group, passionately serving all of our communities”.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and hardworking Construction team, supporting every student to reach their full potential and to allow students to progress and develop skills at higher levels.
As a Curriculum Development Manager for Construction, you will assist the Head of Construction in managing and developing the curriculum, including the management of staff and resources in the area. You will improve outcomes for students by achieving and maintaining high standards of performance through tracking, monitoring and inspiring staff and students. This role will be coupled with an annual teaching commitment.
Supporting the Head of Curriculum, this role will involve:
– Assisting in the planning, review, development of the Construction curriculum
– Providing leadership for the development of up to date materials and resources to support the Construction curriculum development, teaching and learning
– Helping improve the delivery of the schemes of work and the assessment, recording and reporting processes for student achievement
– Monitoring the curriculum area’s performance against Key Performance Indicators, especially in relation to recruitment, retention, attendance and success targets
We’re specifically looking for the following experience/skills:
– A relevant degree or professional qualification of an equivalent level or equivalent level of industry experience
– Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in a relevant Construction discipline
– Successful experience of teaching within the Construction curriculum
– A proven track record of improving the learner experience and the ability to make accurate judgements about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
– Experience of working with / in relevant external organisations
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements.
-Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + College closure days)
-Personal and Professional Development opportunities
-Teacher development programme
-Discounted Metro Card Scheme
-Good Pension Scheme
-Access to Employee Assistance Programme
-Reduced price personal gym membership
-Access to a wide range of high street discounts
-Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Thursday 20 October 2022
Interview date: Monday 7 November 2022
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.