Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Contract: Permanent, applications for full and part-time positions will be considered. Please state preference clearly within application
Do you have experience teaching Construction Multiskills in Further Education or are you an experienced construction craftsperson looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to join a team developing a multimillion-pound retrofit centre for Sustainable Construction? University College Birmingham’s School of Engineering, Digital and Sustainable Construction (in partnership with The University of Warwick) is developing a cutting-edge facility right in the heart of Birmingham. In September 2022, we launched Further Education programmes for Built Environment. Using only the best resources and high-tech kit in the sector, you will have one of the most inspiring facilities to work in alongside outstanding academic support from across the sector.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated lecturers to join our growing team. You will want to pass on your skills to the next generation and will need to have relevant experience in construction. We welcome applications for part-time or full-time contracts.
You will work with Senior Lecturers and the Head of Department to ensure our delivery is world class and that we produce work-ready students for employment or career progression.
The ideal candidate for this role will be committed to self-development and to keep up to date with industry innovation.
- Generous allocation of annual leave
- 38 days’ paid leave per year
- 12 Bank Holidays & Concessionary Days
- Excellent Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employer Contributions – 23.6%
- Subsidised private healthcare provided by Aviva including a Digital GP Service.
- Employee Assistance Programme inclusive of counselling services, financial wellbeing support and bereavement support
- Annual health MOTs with our Registered Nurse
- Excellent staff development opportunities including professional qualification sponsorship
- A variety of salary sacrifice schemes including car, technology and cycle.
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking in central Birmingham
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free on-site gym membership
Closing Date: Friday 19 May 2023 at midday
Interview Dates: Wednesday 7 June 2023
How to apply: Apply online or download an application pack at http://jobs.ucb.ac.uk/
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted top in the International category in the prestigious 2023 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We were also awarded silver in the University of the Year category. The awards are voted for and by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick – Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencement.
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.