Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
The School of Science and Engineering delivers research and teaching across Anatomy & Human Identification, Computing, Engineering (Biomedical, Civil, and Mechanical & Electronic), Forensic Sciences, Mathematics and Physics.
The School benefits from superb research infrastructure and substantial opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration through which we deliver impactful knowledge-transfer and translational activities with industries (local and global) and with social ecosystems, including the judiciary and, through assistive technology, people! with disabilities and the elderly population.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to contribute to our research led teaching in structural engineering and design. The focus of research should be in structural engineering which could include operating at the interfaces between one or all of materials and concrete technology and geotechnics and earthquake engineering to compliment strong existing research in these areas. This will align and contribute to the strategy and focus of the Future Infrastructure and Environment Research Cluster and the REF unit of assessment of Engineering. The current focus of the cluster includes the thematic areas of Energy, Global Uncertainties, Living with Environmental Change, and working towards “Net Zero” within a sustainability framework.
Your priorities will include:
- Support the full economic cost of research by generating grant income and/or industrial funding
- Contribute to the research activities at the highest level (REF 3*-4* quality)
- Carry out teaching and supervision at undergraduate or postgraduate level, including contributing to curriculum design, enhancement of the student learning experience, and scholarship
- Contribute to the School’s academic and pastoral support for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Carry out the quality and academic standards processes and administration for the programmes to enhance the student experience
Who we’re looking for:
- PhD in Civil and/or Structural Engineering (or close to submission) or a closely related subject area
- Evidence of Ability to produce research outputs of internationally excellent quality
- Potential or ability to generate external funding for research projects
- Ambitious research plans that will be competitive for RCUK, EU or equivalent funding streams and/or for industrial funding mechanisms
- Some experience of teaching at university (or equivalent) level
We are one of the UK’s leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni. Professional Services directorates are key to delivering the University strategy and driving change across the University.
To further discuss the details of this post, informal inquires may be made to Prof Michael Brown
We ask you not to include in your CV or application documentation any of your sensitive personal data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life, sexual orientation, or genetic/biometric data.