Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 24 months with potential to extend
The Kent School of Architecture and Planning (KSAP) is seeking to appoint a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to teach primarily on the MA Urban Planning and Resilience.
You will help to develop the curriculum of the MA and its innovative delivery, convening and teaching appropriate modules, selecting appropriate assessment instruments and criteria, assessing work and providing constructive feedback. You will also be expected to make additional contributions across the School as required, aligning with your interests and expertise. You will develop your own area of scholarship, making an important contribution to the School’s ambitions to offer RTPI accredited programmes, with the potential to lead on setting up the School’s Higher Degree Apprenticeship programme in Urban Planning and Resilience.
The post will be located in the School of Architecture, Design and Planning, and additional practice or academic experience in the fields of Architecture / Urban Design would be advantageous
Depending on experience, the candidate will be appointed at a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level and on either an ‘Education, Scholarship & Professional Practice’ contract (ESPP) or an ‘Education and Research’ contract (ER). Please indicate in your application, what level and strand you are applying for such as (Senior Lecturer, E&R):
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A PhD in planning (or cognate discipline) or equivalent senior level professional experience. (Essential for Senior Lecturers, Desirable for Lecturers).
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) or international equivalent or be eligible for membership
- Planning practice or academic experience, presentation skills and knowledge of current and emerging debates in planning theory & practice
- Experience of teaching postgraduate modules in higher education
For a Lecturer appointment:
- Looking for a high-quality academic environment in which you can develop your research, networks, publications, funding capacity and impact. You will have demonstrable experience of teaching and a passion to pursue research-led teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- E&R Applicants: Evidence of high-quality research and a publishing record commensurate with career stage.
- ES&P Applicants: Detailed understanding and knowledge of subject area & practice
For a Senior Lecturer appointment:
- Looking to advance your research trajectory. You will either be a planning academic or a senior practitioner with practice-led teaching experience. You will have considerable experience of publishing high quality research and will relish the opportunity to make a dynamic contribution to our undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes.
- E&R Applicants: A well-established national research reputation, track record of publication and firm plans for future research
- ES&P Applicants: A track record of senior leadership in practice.
KSAP is a strong research School, and in REF 2021 the School achieved a joint 6th national position for research on the Built Environment. We have recently led on setting up a new Divisional research centre titled ‘The Sustainable Built Environment’, which will support a broad spectrum of interdisciplinary research.
We particularly encourage applications from candidates currently underrepresented in our academic community. These include people from Black, Asian & minority ethnic backgrounds; women, LGBTQ+ people; & disabled people.
If you would like any further information about the application process, please see the attached documents or us at [email protected] quoting reference:
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 20th November 2023.
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system.