Call for Entries: “Sanctuary: A Place for a New Hope”
An invitation to participate in the Archevent 2021 design competition, entitled “The Sanctuary: A Place of New Hope”, to raise the problem of the effects of natural disasters on victims.
The psychological and social effects that natural disasters cause to the victims, are no less repercussions than the physical and material effects.
In this case, the environment has to play a fundamental role in the process of trauma recovery, and this can only be achieved through a proper understanding of the concept of healing engineering and the environment.
This concept is based on fundamental design principles, such as aesthetic, functional, mental, physical and spiritual needs, which can aid the trauma recovery process for victims of natural disasters.
If you are ready to restore the hopes of victims of natural disasters, by feeling calm and comfortable with the built environment, you can participate in this competition.
- Echo Agus Prauto M.Arch, IAI (Echo Brauto Architectural Workshop)
- Prof. Dr. Mohammed Hamdan Bin Haj Ahmed, (Vice-Chancellor (Development), University of Technology Malaysia).
- Prof. Dr. Lee Yuk Lai, (Senior Lecturer, Landscape Architecture Program, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia).
- Prof. Dr. Ling Bo Chang, (Senior Lecturer in the Architecture Program, University of Technology Malaysia).
- Dr. Mohamed Abdel Hakim, MA (Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Cibelas Marit University)
- Dr. NS. Kuzumaningdiah, (Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Cibelas Marit University)
The application form for the competition is on the link
Terms of Reference
Durra: 085811899280/ @durrairlubis (Line)
Gavin: 089505770765/ @aryagavins_11 (Line)
For more information, please contact us at
Youtube: Archevent UNS
You can download information about this contest here.
Registration deadline: September 2, 2021 11:30 PM
Application deadline: September 4, 2021 11:00 PM
Department of Architecture Universitas Sebelas Maret Indonesia
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam