Are you passionate about delivering an exceptional student experience in a research-intensive Russell Group University? Are you enthusiastic about working with international students and supporting them in reaching their full potential? Would you like to work with students in exploring new topics in project and/or construction management? Do you have proven abilities to successfully supervise MSc dissertations in Project Management, Construction Management and related topics?
We are seeking applicants who will make a high quality contribution to the delivery of our MSc programmes in the field of Construction and Project Management. We are looking for three permanent part-time members of staff (0.25 FTE each) to support us in the supervision of MSc dissertations. In line with our focus on excellence in student education, we require someone with practical, teaching and/or research experience in the field and a strong understanding of research methods. You will become a member of our growing Project Management Group which will provide you with a vibrant and supportive working environment. You will be working from home with most supervisions to be conducted online. However, you must be based in the UK and be prepared to meet your dissertation students twice per year face-to-face in Leeds.
What we offer in return
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Pension schemes with a generous contribution from the University.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dr Christine Unterhitzenberger, Associate Professor in Project Management
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 6862 or email: C.Unterhitzenberger@leeds.ac.uk
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Working time: 0.25 FTE
Contract type: Ongoing
Interview date: To be confirmed