Closing date: 27/06/2022, 5pm
Guaranteed Hours (a minimum of 75 hours in semester 1 and 88 hours in semester 2 will be offered between 1 August 2022 and 31 July 2023)
Applications are invited for tutors in the following courses:
- Technology and Environment 1: Principles
- Technology and Environment 2A: Building Environment
The School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (ESALA) is looking for up to 2 individuals experienced in architectural technology, sustainable buildings, and environmental design to fill a tutoring position on two undergraduate courses for the 2022-2023 academic year. The tutors will deliver taught learning and teaching activities, within an established programme and with specified learning outcomes, as part of the integrated overall course structure within Edinburgh College of Art.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Demonstrable knowledge of building technology and environmental design principles, specifically regarding the heating, cooling, and lighting of buildings.
- Demonstrable knowledge of techniques crucial in environmental analysis, such as the application of sun-path diagram, heat balance and daylight factor calculations.
- Practice-based experience as professional architects with up-to-date working knowledge of UK/Scottish building standards pertaining to energy conservation and sustainability
- Ability to discuss how the above principles are applied to architectural design.
- Have proven records of teaching in the context of a University degree course, specifically the ability to communicate effectively with young undergraduate students.