Architecture Competition: 2022 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships
The RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships were established in March 2013 following a donation by The Wren Insurance Association Limited, an architects’ professional indemnity mutual that comprises 70 of the UK’s leading architectural practices.
The scholarships aim to support outstanding Part 2 students who have the potential to make a significant contribution in the field of architecture. Recipients receive £6,000 each and the opportunity to be mentored by an architect Member of the Wren Insurance Association.
- have graduated from a RIBA Part 1 professional qualification course in Architecture in a higher education institution based in the UK, and
- at the time of application, be enrolled in a RIBA Part 2 professional qualification course in Architecture in a higher education institution based in the UK and be starting the final year in September 2022
The judging committee will select the successful candidate on the basis of the applicant’s talent, as demonstrated by the academic and non-academic achievements of the applicant to date. Consideration will also be given to:
- The applicant’s potential contribution to architecture, as demonstrated by their academic intentions, any relevant experience, and their aspirations for their future career
- The applicant’s personal circumstances and their journey to architecture and the applicant believes that the scholarship will have a positive effect on their academic and professional ambitions
The RIBA and the Wren Insurance Association are committed to driving equality, inclusion and diversity within architectural education, and welcome applications from students whose profiles are currently underrepresented in the profession.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please read the Information and Guidance Notes for Applicants and complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (documents available to download below).
Completed applications including all supporting documentation (detailed in the application form) should be emailed in one email to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Wren 2022 Application’.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12pm Monday 6 June 2022.
Applications received after this time, or without the required supporting documentation, will not be accepted.
- Application Form (Word)
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (Word)
- Information and Guidance Notes for Applicants (PDF)