Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Fordham University in London is seeking to appoint an adjunct professor for a level three course in Art and Architecture in London (ARCHI 3480) for the spring semester – starting on 16 January 2023, and concluding on 5 May 2023, with a study break from 13-17 March, 2023.
This course will take advantage of London’s museums, galleries and buildings to explore the history of art and architecture, with emphasis on British art from the 18th century up to and including the current lively London art scene.
The course also covers the concurrent developments in London’s fashionable architecture. from the 17th through the 21st Century and consider the political, literary, social and spiritual forces that have driven artistic production in the modern era.
By the end of the course students should be expected to:
- Gained a comprehensive knowledge of the history of British art and architecture from the 18th century to the present day
- Ability to distinguish styles in architecture and the defining characteristics of British art and artistic movements
- Gained skills required to identify the work of the most significant British artists since the 18th century
- Gained an intellectual familiarity with London in terms of its architecture, museums, art collections and public art.
Successful candidates must be experienced and effective teachers, able to cater for the diverse student body and engage students in the subject matter so that they are fully prepared for their journey through the bachelor degree. teaching is in weekly three hour blocks.
In Spring 2023 two sections of this course will be taught on a Monday morning and afternoon, 10.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00, respectively.
Approximately 600 students study each year at Fordham London from Fordham University’s School of Arts & Science and the Gabelli School of Business.
- Teaching Art and Architecture
- Preparation of teaching materials for the course
- Providing updated syllabus and course pack/reader details by the required deadline
- Providing academic advising either face-to-face or by email
- Arranging/accompanying students on co-curricular trips, and inviting guest speakers where appropriate
- Setting and administering examinations and others assessments – setting examination questions, invigilation and marketing when required
- Attendance at academic staff meetings (up to two per semester)
- Masters degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- Relevant teaching experience in higher education and proven teaching effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills and responsive to students and the administration
- PhD in a relevant field (or nearing completion)
- Previous experience of teaching within US higher education
- Research experience, publications and interests in the subject area
An individual who can develop effective working relationships with both academic and administrative staff. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the UK. If you are not a UK citizen, please address your right to work in the UK in your covering letter.
£4,000 per section plus pension contribution if eligible
The position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit a detailed CV and covering letter to Valerie Schreiner, Academic Programmes Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION