Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
As a result of considerable investment in our new Sustainable Engineering and Technology provision, coupled with plans for rapid growth, we are looking to appoint a number of experienced permanent academic staff across a broad range of Built Environment disciplines.
We are looking for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Construction Management.
- An academic with a bold vison who can deliver excellence and inspirational leadership?
- Passionate about teaching and learning and the continued development of our expanding built environment portfolio?
- Enthusiastic about student-centred pedagogy and project-based learning?
- Experienced in innovative curriculum development, pedagogy and high-quality teaching and learning practice?
- An expert in any number of relevant Built Environment subject areas: ICT, science and technology, design studio, economics, legislation, production and project management, procurement tendering and estimating, maths, structures, geotechnics, fluids, water and waste?
- A member of a relevant professional body?
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be part of a collaborative and collegiate team developing and delivering innovative programmes that offer a real-life education experience for students, producing graduates who are industry-ready.
- Contribute to professional validation, accreditation, and prescription of our programmes with relevant PSRB.
- Make a significant contribution to the management and delivery of innovative teaching and learning, in your discipline as well as other areas of our core curriculum.
- Take a leading role in education delivery, including programme leadership, across our broad range of programmes which include foundation level, HTQ, undergraduate, postgraduate and degree apprenticeships.
- Develop and maintain a record of research / professional practice, with an international profile and high impact
- Contribute to and enhance the teaching and learning, research and knowledge exchange reputation of the school
- Develop and grow professional networks that will make a positive contribution to student experience
- Be part of a collegiate community of academics and professional practitioners
More details about SETEC can be found here.
Our portfolio of programmes will address specific and specialist areas, in line with the knowledge and skills focus of relevant PSRB. We will work in collaboration with industry to address green skills and to support the transition towards net-zero to meet UK Government targets.
Our programmes will be delivered across different modes of study including collaborative delivery with Further Education partners, Foundation programmes, Higher Technical Qualifications (HTQ), Degree Apprenticeships and degree level programmes. In addition, we will offer retraining and upskilling opportunities for the existing workforce through short course provision.
WHY CHOOSE ROEHAMPTON?
- Work on our stunning 54-acre campus.
- Access the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Benefit from our outstanding annual leave provision.
- Benefit from our RKE Income Reward and Recognition Scheme.
- Our full list of benefits is here
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and reserve the right to bring applicants in to interview as and when applications are received.
If you would like to have an informal conversation please contact Professor Stephen Pretlove, Director of Sustainable Engineering, at: [email protected]
The University is committed to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity and aims to create a culture and environment where students and staff are treated fairly. The University is an equal opportunities and ‘disability confident’ employer.