Architecture Competition: AURAL ARCHITECTURE
SOUND TO SPACE –
Using the sense of sound to design architectural space, depicting emotions and humanizing the habitable volume encompassed by walls. Use your auditory sense to develop abstract architectural space which exhibits an emotion of itself.
The process of designing is as follows:
• Listen to the music pieces.
• Select any one of the four music pieces.
• Analyze the music and understand the emotion.
• Word those emotions to further translate them into architectural space.
• It could be any type of structure or installation
• Be able to encompass a volume that depicts your understanding of the emotion in the music.
“I’ve seen miracles happen with sound.”
– Tom Kenyon
Design an abstract architectural space influenced by sound.
Keywords: Aural, Music, Architectural Space
• Aural: relating to ear or sense of hearing.
• Music: vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion..
• Architectural Space: Space expresses something invisible and intangible to the design in terms of shape, colors & material.
“To hear a sound is to see a space.”
– Louis I Kahn.
MUSIC – ABSTRACTION – FUNCTION – DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
News announcement on global platforms (platforms partnered with us – Global exposure.)
Design feature on our platform
Exclusive Interview in both text & video format (Video feature on our home page)
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to our winners / honourable mentions & a participation certificate to all our participants
PUBLICATION OF ARTICLE / DESIGN
Design / article feature on our partnering platform.
JURY CRITS / COMMENTS ON YOUR ENTRY WITH DETAILS
Comments from our jurors for improvement and appreciation.
• This competition is open to all designers and design students.
• We welcome architecture university students to participate as representatives for their university and spread the word among their fellow students.
*To know more about being representatives and benefits contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: Representative volunteer)
• Presentation Board (Min. 02 Max. 05 no | size: A1 Landscape format)
• Text Summary (Min. 300 words)
You can register individually or as a team maximum of 03 members. To register as a team / an individual please complete the payment and then click on the team registration button to complete the registration process.
Competition link: https://www.artuminate.com/annual-competition/aural_architecture
Archiol & Artuminate
To know more visit: