The goal is to develop a project to reactivate the old center of Dangio. Dangio may be a small village within the Valle di Blenio – the valley of the sun – an area that has great architectural and naturalistic charm, but in recent times has struggled to stay vibrant. Like in other mountain regions, more and more people have moved away in favor of a special lifestyle then , one by one, the workshops and stores have closed their doors. Finally, the village center and lots of of its homes stand abandoned. Planning a sustainable regional development for this area must take under consideration a spread of facets. An integrative and thus interdisciplinary approach is required to deal with not only architectural, but also social and economic aspects.
The school term this year offers a chance to contribute to the event of a community with the increasing tendency to measure in new, isolated homes located within the periphery instead of the village center. you’ll be challenged to make a proposal supported initial field research of your interest. The exercise is about designing a bouquet of elements for the village and therefore the abandoned houses, including a questionnaire, the private space, the general public space, the community, and therefore the process itself. the main target is on the individual components that make the village an entity. you’ll identify the ingredients necessary for a bottom-up reactivation that transforms the village into an active neighborhood.
- Daniel Fuchs (Architect ETH SIA) Partner at Bach-Muehle-Fuchs Architects
- Philippe Grossenbacher (Architect ETH SIA) Partner at Bach-Muehle-Fuchs Architects
- Ludovica Molo (Architect ETH FAS) Head of i2a istituto internazionale di architettura, Head of FAS Federation of Swiss Architects, Lecturer at HSLU, and Partner at Studio We Architetti, Lugano
- Mulan Sun Buschor (Architect ETH SIA) Founder and principal of SML Architektur ETH SIA , Lecturer at HSLU
- Wei-Bin Chen Professor, Chinese Culture University, Taipei – Urban Planning Department
- Chun-Lin Lee Professor, Chinese Culture University, Taipei – Landscape Architecture Department
MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
CREDITS: 3 ECTS
DIGITAL PARTICIPATION: CHF 200.-
PARTICIPANTS: Bachelor and Master students from the following fields: Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Social Work, Art and Design
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleCall for Submissions: Summer School Ticino
TypeCall for Submissions
OrganizersHochschule Luzern Technik & Architektur – Institute für Architecture in collaboration with i2a istituto internazionale di architettura CCU Chinese Culture University and HFU Huafan University lauches
Registration DeadlineAugust 14, 2020 12:00 PM
Submission DeadlineAugust 14, 2020 12:00 PM
VenueDangio, Valle di Blenio (TI), Switzerland