Submission: May 02, 2021
Registration: April 01, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
Design “HER PLACE” a girls’ development centre that welcomes girls from Nepalese municipalities, spreading knowledge and support to rural areas and in particular providing a secure environment for deeply vulnerable young women in need. There are thousands of young women in deeply difficult and abusive situations with nowhere to show . The region desperately needs a centre where these girls can come for help, support, refuge and education about their rights.
The aim of this competition is to encourage and reward,
– design excellence on a humanitarian issue which integrates function, aesthetics and structural ingenuity, improving the lives of individuals in Nepal.
-Research, answer and highlight the unique aspects of design through consideration of contextual + environmental factors.
-Encourage sustainable design that gives a secure, long lasting building proposal for the charity partners and its benefactors.
– See your design built and aid in improving the life’s of young women and their families.
– Each proposal should include 3x A3 panels (combined during a PDF to include): 1x page render, and 2x pages with plans, sections and elevations along side the other information that supports the most elements of your design. Please note you’ll recieve a site plan, google map location, short video of the location , unique reference number and knowledge on how/where to upload your proposal once you have completed the registration process.
– the chosen winning design are going to be built this year with secured funding… this is often your chance to ascertain your design make a true difference!
9 excellent projects will receive honourable mentions along side the press pack released with the winning announcement.
The Considerations – Proposals should;
– be a maximum of two storeys tall .
– carefully consider the seismic activity within the zone.
– use design to supply a secure welcoming space for local user groups.
FEB 15 LAUNCH
APRIL 1 REGISTRATION deadline
APRIL 10 SUBMISSION deadline
APRIL 24 ANNOUNCE winners
Fee + Registration:
– This single stage competition is open to all. Fees will support this and other building trust charitable projects.