- A lobby and reception area for welcoming guests
- Classrooms for trainings and workshops
- An event hall for small to medium-sized events
- Co-working spaces and meeting areas for start-ups or newly established businesses
- A main office and virtual admin for organizations that call the center their home.
The Utah Black Chamber of Commerce is currently running a pilot of the middle and launching this statewide design competition to boost awareness, gather local ideas and talent, and help generate concept designs for a structure to be built next year.
The location for the middle remains being determined, so we welcome conceptual designs (without limits) on all aspects of the above. Submitting an entry may be a tangible way Utah based architects, designers, artists and students can show their support for Utah’s Black Community.
Each submission are going to be reviewed by our panel and you’ll expect to receive an email letting you recognize if you’ve got been chosen as a finalist. Finalist entries are going to be showcased on our website and therefore the top ranked entry in each category are going to be awarded $500!
Monetary Prizes Sponsored by Celtic Bank:
- $500 – Architecture Award
- $500 – Interior Design Award
- $500 – Artist/Maker Award
- $500 – Storyteller Award
TitleUtah Black Success Center Design Competition
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Submission DeadlineDecember 01, 2020 11:59 PM
VenueSalt Lake Valley (Exact Location TBD).
Country RestrictionsUnited States