The Bright Ideas Awards will perceive the best new, finished tasks submitted in two classifications: single-family and multi-family. A third, privileged notice will remember one unbuilt venture of note. Figure out how to enter here.
Winners and other participants will be controlled by a regarded board of judges:
- Brandon Berg, senior vice president of research & development at Andersen Corporation
- E.B. Min of Min Design
- Kevin Kudo-King, owner and principal at Olson Kundig
- Lisa Iwamoto principal at IwamotoScott
- Ravi Raj, principal at Ravi Raj Architecture
- Rebecca Rudolph and Catherine Johnson of Design, Bitches
- William Hanley, editor in chief at Dwell
The challenge is available to guaranteed singular modelers and firms anyplace in the U.S. Understudies seeking engineering-related certificates and ongoing alumni are likewise urged to apply in the unbuilt class.
Undertakings will be made a decision about dependent on the accompanying rules:
- A creative way to deal with fenestration and daylighting;
- Ecologically obligation in making protected, sound living spaces, and worked with dependably sourced materials;
- Primary development (for example utilization of new shapes and frames); and
- Contextualism (regardless of whether the task is receptive to the conditions that encompass the structure, for example being thoughtful to scale, materials, and the program).
The waitlist of candidates will be uncovered on Dwell.com no later than September 30, and Dwell will report the adjudicators’ determination of winning activities on Dwell.com on October 4, in the festival of World Architecture Day. The undertakings will likewise be included in the print magazine this colder time of year.
Part of the rights to the content are reserved for Bustler.
For more competition, visit our competition page to get latest updates.