Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
The Department of Architecture at Cambridge University seeks to hire five permanent Assistant Professors in Architecture and Design to work across the programmes and courses in the Faculty, including the new four-year Master of Design Tripos which combines architecture, structural engineering, and materials science in an innovative new course in sustainable interdisciplinary design. Successful candidates will commence teaching in 2023 on a full-time basis.
The University is looking to appoint candidates with teaching and research expertise that falls in one or more of the following areas:
- Design Theory, History, Thinking, Philosophy, Policy
- Human-Centred Design
- Representation and Computation – including the use of AI and Data Science
- Sustainable and Regenerative Design, Circularity and Construction
- Structural, Material or Environmental Design
- Accessibility and Inclusive Design
Candidates will be expected to be engaged in research, to publish in their specialist field, to seek opportunities to win external funding for their research, to teach and examine undergraduates, and to supervise and examine MPhil and PhD postgraduate work.
It is expected that candidates will have a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Materials Science or related discipline and a doctorate in their relevant field. Candidates should have experience teaching architecture students, design studios, and practical, hands-on workshops.
The posts are based in the Faculty of Architecture and History of Art, 1-5 Scroope Terrace, Cambridge http://www.aha.cam.ac.uk/
In order for applications to be considered applicants must upload:
- Covering letter, explaining the reasons for your application and how your knowledge, skills and experience would contribute to teaching of design in the architecture department.
- A teaching statement, outlining your experience, interests, and approach to teaching problem-based design
- A research statement, outlining your plans for research, scholarship and grant capture over the next 5 years.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), to include full details of educational qualifications and professional and academic experience, a list of publications, and a graphic portfolio of your research or design experience
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to the Head of the Department of Architecture Professor James Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries about the application process may be made to the Schools HR team on email@example.com.
Three references are required, and applicants should ask their referees to send their reports to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is midnight (GMT) on Friday 18 November 2022. Interviews are expected to take place in late 2022, early 2023.
The Faculty is committed to equality and diversity, and we would particularly welcome applications from members of underrepresented groups such as women and those of Black, Asian or other Ethnic Minority backgrounds. Details of some of the family-friendly policies operated by the University are at: https://www.hr.admin.cam.ac.uk/pay-benefits/cambens-employee-benefits/family-friendly.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/36266.
Please quote reference GC32489 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.