Updates on engineering and architecture jobs available around the world
Fixed-term with a start date between 1 September 2023 and 1 May 2024 for a period of 36 months.
The Department of Landscape Architecture at The University of Sheffield welcomes applications from outstanding post-doctoral researchers to the 2023 round of the Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship Scheme.
The Department of Landscape Architecture is the top-rated Landscape Architecture department in the UK, according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014. Our research strengths include:
- Designed ecology
- Place, inclusion and equity
- Creative spatial practices
We welcome Expressions of Interest from outstanding early career researchers, who meet the eligibility criteria of the Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship Scheme, and whose research interests align with the above themes. Specifically, we seek candidates with an excellent academic record; a strong publications profile; and innovative and ambitious research ideas.
Expressions of Interest should consist of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages) – including academic qualifications (with degree outcomes specified) and research record (publications, presentations, impact, research leadership if appropriate);
- Outline research proposal (max. 2 pages) – indicating originality and contribution to the discipline, theoretical contexts, methods, resources and planned outputs;
- Research relevant to your proposal being carried out in the host department (max. 200 words) – highlight how your proposal aligns with departmental research interests and the interests of existing staff (see our staff profiles).
- Eligibility statement (max. 200 words) – confirm on what basis you are eligible for the 2023 scheme.
Expressions of Interest should be sent as a single PDF document to Madeleine Green (email: email@example.com) by 4pm on Wednesday 16 November 2022:
Selection decisions will be communicated to applicants by 6 January 2023 at the latest.
Selected candidates will be supported in developing their application for a Fellowship, leading up to the submission of applications to the Leverhulme Trust by the scheme deadline of 23 February 2023.
For enquiries about this opportunity please contact the Built Environment Research Hub on the above email address in the first instance.