Call for entries Design with Nature Contest – Responsive Cities 2021,
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) has announced the Design with Nature competition,
in collaboration with the Advanced Architecture Group and BUILD Solutions project partners.
This competition is a global platform to experience and rethink urban environments in response to current global challenges.
The competition organizers are trying to find innovative visions for the city of the future,
by choosing the optimal design to integrate nature, which transforms urban spaces into systems for living,
producing and restoring the environment.
This call aims to advance thinking about how the integration of technology-enhanced NBS into cities can generate innovative insights,
methodologies and solutions.
And to find answers to the following questions
- Can the use of technologies support the integration of NBS in cities with the ultimate goal of enhancing the provision of ecosystem services?
- How can social relations be enhanced through the innovative NBS application?
- Will the implementation of NBS by technology in cities lead to the development of innovative business models aimed at addressing current urban challenges?
Proposals submitted must be subject to several criteria
- The design proposal must address one of the following criteria: global, regional, urban, neighborhood, architectural, product design.
- Boards must contain the following information: title, brief description, and graphics.
- Presentations must be submitted in English.
- Plates must be anonymous, and at the bottom right of each plate, enter a mixed six-letter and digit code (this code must be entered on your application form).
- Contest entries must be submitted digitally in PDF files through an online form.
- Each painting must be submitted in PDF format and the size of each file should not exceed 1MB.
- 3 DIN A-3 plates (optional)
You can submit a one-minute video (maximum) explaining the basic concepts of your proposal,
in a few words, and it is not necessary to speak in the video.
Please use English translation even if English is your primary language.
You can also use text, images, animation, etc.).
To submit the video: First upload the video to YouTube, then paste the YouTube link to the video section of the submission.
Call for entries Design with Nature Contest – Responsive Cities 2021
- The selected projects will be published in an online publication with an ISBN.
- The winning project will provide a scholarship for a one-year Master’s Program in Advanced Architecture at IAAC, for the academic year 2022/23, with a value of €18,000.
- The top 10 entries will be shown in the BUILDs exhibition for the final event to be held in November 2021.
Furthermore, they will be promoted in BUILDs webpage and social media accounts and their authors will be included in the BUILDs talent network.
The jury will be announced soon on the Respive Cities 2021 website and social media platforms.
To find out more details about the competition, visit
To apply for the competition
For more information about the BUILDs project, visit the website
Download information about the competition here.
Deadline: September 30, 2021 at 23:59 CET