Do you design the future? The Green Concept Award 2022 is now open for submissions!
The Green Concept Award is aimed at students, start-ups and established companies, honouring concepts of sustainable materials, products and services that are not yet on the market. The submission deadline is November 1st, 2021.
Through the cooperation with the IKEA Stiftung, students & graduates are supported by free participation, interim feedback, communication assistance & matchmaking. Young designers are introduced to our 8-step toolkit on sustainable product and service development and are guided through creating successful green business models during frequent workshops and Q&A sessions.
Outstanding student nominees will be given the opportunity to exhibit free of charge throughout the year on various German and international trade fairs and have one-on-one guidance on how to bring their solutions to the market and get acquainted with green entrepreneurs within our network.
The award is presented in twelve categories: Architecture & Tiny Houses, Building Components, New Materials, Consumer Goods, Fashion, Handicraft, Interior & Lifestyle, Kids, Kitchen, Mobility, Sport and Workspace are the areas in which products and services can be presented and will be judged. An award will be given to the entries that make a special contribution to a sustainable lifestyle.
The winners will be selected in 2022 in a three-stage award process: After a ‘Pre-Selection’, the Nominees for the Green Concept Award 2022 will be announced in mid-December 2021. In addition to the expert jury, an award will also be determined by a public vote for the best the green concept of 2022.
The international jury of the Green Concept Award 2022 consists of the following experts:
- Prof. Martin Charter (Centre of Sustainable Design
- Ludovico Durante (Staiy)
- Prof. Claus-Christian Eckhardt (Lund University)
- Karsten Bleymehl (The Circular Materials GmbH)
- Tina Kammer (InteriorPark.)
- Prof. Xin Liu (Tsinghua University)
- Katja Lucas (Dutch Design Week)
- Kiersten Muenchinger (University of Oregon)
- Johanna Neves Pimenta (md INTERIOR DESIGN ARCHITECTURE)
- Dr. Robert Pludra (Academy of Fine Arts Warsaw)
- Katja Reich (DBZ Deutsche BauZeitschrift)
- Mimi Sewalski (avocadostore.de)
- Jewell Sparks (BITHOUSE Venture Group / UNITED17 Ventures)
- Anna Theil (Studio Für Morgen)
- Sebastian Thies (nat-2 / thies 1856®)
- Hon. Prof. Meike Weber (Architektin und Kulturmanagerin)
- Michael Weber (Projektträger Jülich – PTJ)
- Julius Wiedemann (TASCHEN-Verlag)
- Melodie Abdollahi (Haus von Eden), Katja Keienberg (baby&junior)
- Petra Schmatz (green Lifestyle)
- Raz Godelink (Parsons School of Design)
- Katrin de Louw (Trendfilter)
The festive award ceremony and the exhibition with the winning entries will take place in March 2022 on the occasion of the IHM International Crafts Fair and parallel to the Munich Creative Business Week in Munich.
- 01.11. 2021 Award Submission Deadline
- 13.12. 2021 Nominees Announcement
- 13.12. 31.01 22 Jury evaluation & Audience Awards public voting
- 09.03. 2022 Award Ceremony & Exhibition start
Green Future Club
Under the claim ‘Let’s design the future’, the Green Future Club aims to contribute to a future where all products are sustainable. The association sees its mission as bringing together a diverse group of pioneers, thinkers, doers and visionaries to promote the sustainable development of materials, products and services.
With the Green Product Award and Green Concept Award, the club has been making ‘best practice’ examples accessible to a broad public on an international level since 2013 – for more visibility of products, services and concepts that are to inspire consumers and industry globally. The Green Future Club is a global network that is constantly expanding – through new members and multiplicators, growing online and face-to-face events, and multi-faceted action. https://www.greenfutureclub.com
Discover & submit to the Green Concept Award here: https://www.gp-award.com/en/gcaward
If you have green product or service on the market, then you can submit to the Green Product Award: https://www.gp-award.com/en/gpaward
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the rights to the content are reserved for ArchDaily
For more competitions: here