This competition asks students to research the design and fabrication properties of hot-dip galvanizing and then sketch/model a sculpture, building façade, parking garage, outdoor recreation/entertainment structure, etc. that could be physically built out of hot-dip galvanized steel.
Submissions will be judged on constructability, design, and ingenuity.
How to Enter
- Share your sketches/renderings/models on your Instagram account between August 1 to November 1, 2020, to enter the competition
- Tell us (in 1-2 sentences) how your sketch/rendering/model is utilizing galvanized steel (or how it is taking advantage of hot-dip galvanized steel’s benefits)
- Tag the AIAS National Office and AGA on Instagram – @aiasorg @agagalvanizeit
- Follow the AIAS National Office and AGA on Instagram – @aiasorg @agagalvanizeit
- Use the following hashtags: #AIASInStudio, #InStudioMade and #galvanizeit
- The top submissions will be promoted bi-weekly on the AIAS National Instagram account.
Three winners will be selected and may have their project(s) physically built at the AGA’s discretion.
Winners will be announced at AIAS FORUM.
*Note: You must be an active AIAS member to participate*
**You must have a public Instagram account to participate**
***There is no limit to the number of sketches and renderings you can submit, but please choose your best!***
Prizes: Three winners will be selected and their work will be showcased at AIAS FORUM.
The winning cash prizes are as follows:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $100
TitleOpen Call for ‘In Studio: Made Submissions’
TypeCompetition Announcement (Student Competitions)
Submission DeadlineNovember 01, 2020 11:59 PM