Architecture Competition: Retreat Centre | Healing Architecture – Design Competition
This competition intends to understand spaces of the built environment and their effect on the human mind and behavior. Every space has some effect on our mind depending on the quality of that space. We as human beings have an inner connection with our environment by physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual means. Architecture that fosters various levels of controlled interaction between people and space.
To understand the effect of the built environment on Human Mind.
- A space that induces positivity.
- Design a facility for people to rejuvenate their emotional and physical states.
- A retreat centre focusing on individual self-renewal through several types of retreats. (Types of retreat to be decided by the participant).
Competition Brief guidelines:
- The site is not specified as we expect the participants to come up with an interesting site (natural context) to design a retreat centre.
- The site can be in any part of the world.
- The site area can be decided considering your functional needs.
Design Program details:
- Functional requirements to decided by the participant (Mention the selection and reasoning for your functions in the panel)
- The program can consist of a single function or various functions, depending on your approach.
Basic Submission requirements:
- Presentation Board (Min: 1 Maximum 5 no. | size: A1, Landscape format)
- Text summary (min 300 words, explaining the reasoning for the design program and brief)
Recognition is the key to success for any design professional. Archiol | Artuminate is providing an opportunity to showcase your creativity at the global level. This opportunity is open to all design students and professionals
- Exclusive Interview
- The competition is open to all designers and design students.
- Do not submit work that has been published earlier.
- A zip folder with all the requirements Text (docx./docs. Format), Presentation board (Jpeg./Jpg. Format).
- Please use the participation code as the name of the submission zip folder.
Submissions to be mailed at email@example.com • Subject: RetCen – Your Participation Code • Body: Link to the submission (Google drive/dropbox)
- Registration deadline: 28th February 2022
- Submission deadline: 10th March 2022
- Result announcement: 10th April 2022
All deadlines are 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
We collaborate with leading architects, designers and academicians of international repute to participate as jury in our competitions.