In order to create a world-class contemporary art museum beyond the symbol of
the region, the winning proposal are going to be selected through a world invited design competition. Therefore, we hereby encourage you to submit Request for Qualifications(RFQ) for selection of the teams to be invited.
Brief Description :
– Location : 557 Docheong-daero, Hongbuk-eup, Hongseong-gun, Chungnam, Korea
– Site Area : 26,478 sqm.
– Total Floor Area : Museum 12,680 sqm. / parking zone 14,000 sqm.
– Building Coverage / Floor Area Ratio : 60% / 150%
– Height of Museum : 2 floors below / up to 4 floors above ground(including Public Parking Lot)
– Estimated DesignCost : 2,994 Million KRW (VAT included)
– Estimated Construction Cost : 63,500 Million KRW (VAT
(Art Museum: 41,500 Million KRW + Parking Lot: 22,000 Million KRW)
Eligibility for Participation
– Domestic and foreign professionals in architecture-related fields (The representative must be a Korean architect who has registered an architect’s office.)
Schedule for Submission of Request for Qualification(RFQ)
– Announcement : Mar. 02, 2021(Tue.) (Thru website)
– Receipt of Questions : From Mar. 08, 20201 to Mar. 11, 2021 (Thru e-mail)
– Answers to Questions : Mar. 15, 2021 (Thru website)
– Receipt of RFQ : From Mar. 02, 2021 to Apr. 07, 2021 (Thru e-mail)
– Selection / Announcement of teams to be invited : Apr. 09, 2021 (Thru website/ individual notice to chose teams)
Schedule for Invited Design Competition
– Announcement : Apr. 12, 2021
– Enrollment : From Apr. 12, 2021 to Apr. 16, 2021
– On-Site Briefing : Apr. 20, 2021
– Technical Review : Jul. 15, 2021
– Evaluation of Works : Jul. 19, 2021
– Announcement of Evaluation Results : Jul. 22, 2021
• The above schedule is predicated on Korean time (GMT +09) and subject to vary counting on the circumstances of the organizer.
– Winner (1team) : Priority Rights for Making a Design Contract
– Runners-Up (4team) : 100,000,000 KRW (each team)
• In principle, 5 teams will be selected for invitation, but the number of the teams to be invited may change according to the decision of the steering committee. If it change, the reward money for runners-up is equally paid within the total of 400 million won (maximum of 100 million won for each team).
• Reward money for participation includes airfare and accommodation fees for attending on-site briefing, presentation and awards ceremony, and various expenses such as copyright fees, taxes, money exchange and remittance fees. The tax is subject to the Korean tax laws.
contacts detail : email@example.com
Download the information related to this competition here.
TitleOpen Call : International Invited Design Competition : Chungnam Art Museum, South Korea
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration DeadlineApril 07, 2021 05:00 PM
Submission DeadlineApril 07, 2021 05:00 PM
VenueChungnam Art Museum