I. Competition background
IAA Awards (Interactive Arts Award, 互艺奖) is an impressive international art design competition which is pursuited by global designers. With years of brand name building, its annual awards are considered a logo of excellent works within the design industry. The competition has attracted quite 30 countries and regions round the world participants and followers. that specialize in interaction and creativity, the competition strives to play a crucial role as a coordinator between design and artistic economy. it’s won the favor of the participants with highly impartial and professional evaluation.
The official website of IAA Awards: www.iadacn.com.
Note: The official website is in Chinese. If you need to switch languages when browsing this site, please use the browser with translation function to read.
The competition is committed to building an international design professional platform, broadening the international vision of designers, advocating innovative design concepts and humanistic spirit, guiding the creative direction of designers, and letting thoughtful designers shine.
Professionals under the age of 40, as well as students and teachers of higher education institutions.
IV. Category of entries
1. Free Theme Works
A. Fine Arts: Chinese painting/ oil painting/ sketch/ watercolor/ decorative painting/ printmaking sculpture/ hand-drawn/ renderings/ models, etc.
B. Graphic design: Logo/ font/ poster/ book/ packaging/ advertising, etc.
C. Product Design: Jewelry Design/ Clothing Design/ Mechanical Product/ Electronic Product/ Interaction Design/ UI Design/ Furniture Design, etc.
D. Space design: Interior design/ landscape design/ architectural design/ exhibition design/ urban planning, etc.
E. New media production: Architectural environment animation/ film and television promotional video/ animation/ micro film, etc.
2. Theme works
Theme 1: Green Packaging Design. Please design packaging around the innovative concept of “New Technology, New Materials, New Vision, New products”. There are no restrictions on the form of works. Contestants can use their imagination to interpret the theme. Excellent works will be promoted to the whole society to bringing positive and meaningful impact. Please read the No.115  document “Opinions on Accelerating the Green Transformation of Express Package” of the State Office of the People’s Republic of China in detail to understand the spirit of the theme.
Theme 2: Ten Years with you, the 2022 IAA Awards Invites You Home. This theme is set for the “2022 Interactive Arts Award” 10-year ceremony. Submitted works may be used for media promotion and live events. Competitors can use their imagination to interpret the theme of “Ten Years with You”. Work form is not limited. Media video is preferred. Finalists will receive a limited edition baseball cap with the competition’s logo as a bonus.
(1) Works of both scheme creation and actual engineering projects are often entered. Each author shall not submit quite 5 pieces of works during this competition.
(2) Art works got to be produced into electronic documents. Requirements: A4 format, 300dpi, CMYK mode, storage format is JPEG. the required text content of the format must be a neighborhood of the work, and no decorative typesetting and explanation are often added. This clause is to make sure the requirements of subsequent promotion and application.
(3) The graphic design works got to be made into electronic documents.Requirements: A4 format, 300dpi, CMYK mode, storage format is JPEG. the required text content of the format must be a part of the work, and no decorative typesetting and explanation are often added.
(4) Product design category must submit three or six views of the works, each view should be a separate image, or should be made and combined on one image. Requirements: A4 format, 300dpi, CMYK mode, storage format is JPEG. No words and directions are allowed within the format. the required words and directions should be filled within the column of the entry form.
(5) Space design category must submit quite three pieces of effect or real picture electronic documents.Requirements: A4 format, 300dpi, CMYK mode, storage format is JPEG.No words and directions are allowed within the format. the required words and directions should be filled within the column of the entry form.Space design works should also submit the required plan and elevation of the planning scheme.
(6) New media production category submission format should be MP4/ WMV/ AVI/SWF. Picture standard definition shouldn’t affect the standard of viewing. The designer must provide 3-10 pictures of the video scenes. No text or explanation should appear on the scene. the required text should be filled within the column of the entry form.
(7) The works must be created within the last three years and haven’t been published.The manuscript is at your own account.
V. Entry fee and submission
1. Preliminary examination: the initial examination is freed from charge. After the submission, the organizing committee will conduct a preliminary review on the completeness, accuracy and quality of the manuscript. The works shortlisted within the preliminary exam are going to be included within the annual works collection, and therefore the final evaluation qualification are going to be obtained. The preliminary results are going to be published on the official website (http://www.iadacn.com/NEWS/) within the middle of subsequent month after submission. The organizing committee also will inform the preliminary results and final details via email.
2. final exam fee: ¥280/ person/piece for the professional group in China, and ¥120/ person/piece for the scholar group. Other countries and regions charge $380/ person/piece for professional group and $90/ piece for student group. A series of works is counted together work. Fee income shall be used as supplementary funds for the operation of the event.
3. Submission by email
(1) Individual submission: Please pack and compress the work with the entry form and upload it to the QQ super-large attachment for sending. The name of the e-mail should be “Category of labor & Participant’s name & Institution”. Then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. A file that’s overlarge are often sent in multiple parts.
(2) Instructor Submission: Instructors should create a sub-folder for every student’s work. The sub-folder should be named with “Category of works & Name of contestant”. After the trainer fills within the instructor information form, he/she must compress the shape along side all students’ subfolders and upload it to the QQ super-large attachment for sending. The name of the e-mail should be “Instructor submission & Instructor’s name & Institution”. Then send it to email@example.com. A file that’s overlarge are often sent in multiple parts.
The awards are divided into professional awards and contribution awards. Professional prizes are awarded to the authors of excellent entries. Contribution awards are awarded to the units or individuals who have made great contributions to the development of the industry and have made efforts to organize and publicize the competition.
1. Awards of student group and professional group
Gold Award, Silver Award, Bronze Award, Excellence Award and Finalist Award are respectively set in each category, including Art Works, Graphic Design, Product Design, Space Design, New Media Production and Theme Works. There is no limit to the number of awards, which depends on the quality of the entries.
2. Contribution awards
Art design industry contribution award, the best organization award, the best instructor award, the best volunteer award.
Note: Finalist Award and Excellence Award are the preliminary awards, and the Excellence Award has the qualification of annual final awards nomination. The Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards are the final awards of the year and will be selected among the nominees. The award certificate will be issued by the Chengdu People’s Art Museum (成都众人美术馆) for encouragement. The medal will be awarded to the best organization.
VII. Event schedule
Call for works: 03/10/2021 – 12/16/2021.
Preliminary prize-winning list: The list will be published on the official website in the middle of the next month after your submission.
Postal of the preliminary examination certificate: the preliminary examination award certificate shall be mailed in three batches, respectively in June/ September/ December 2021.
Announcement of the Final prize-winning list: 12/31/2021.
After handing out the final awards, the organizing committee will arrange the promotion of the event and the publication of the work collection.
VIII. Event organizer
Co-organizer: Chengdu People’s Art Museum, China/ Organizing Committee of Interactive Art Awards/ Montreal Press, Canada/ Dester Gallery, Canada / Arting365
Co-sponsor: North American Art Association