INTERNATIONAL DESIGN COMPETITION for SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY CULTURAL CENTER
- International design competition for domestic and foreign architects (including corporations)
Site and Scope of Design:
- Location : Culture Center, 1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul National University
- Site Area : 12,300m2
- Gross Floor Area : 11,500m2
- Estimated construction cost : 54,500 million (including VAT)
- Estimated design fee : 3,100 million (including VAT)
- The design goal is to propose a platform for free creation, experience, and knowledge sharing and communication in universities and shape it into a space.
- A design proposal shall be able to function as a new creative space by remodeling and remodeling existing buildings.
- An open external space plan newly connected to the surrounding area as the central space of the campus shall be proposed.
- A new type of performance space should be created to promote co-prosperity in universities and communities and serve as a cultural hub for the community.
- Announcement and Distribution of Guidelines: Tuesday, 15 June 2021
- Registration: Tuesday, 15 June – Friday, 2 July 2021 (17:00)
- Site Tour: Friday, 2 July 2021 (10:00, Expected: will be announced on the official website)
- Inquiries posted by participants: due Friday, 2 July 2021 (17:00)
- Distribution of the responses to the inquiries posted: Friday 9 July 2021 (website)
- Submission of Work: Wednesday 25 August 2021 (10:00 – 17:00), Online only
- Technical Review: Monday 30 August 2021 – Tuesday 31 August 2021
- Jury Committee (1st stage): Wednesday 1 September 2021
- Jury Committee (2nd stage): Thursday 9 September 2021
- Announcement of the Result: Monday 13 September 2021 (website)
(All times are based on Korean Standard Time (UTC/GMT+9).
The schedule is subject to change, and the notice of such changes will be posted on the website of the design competition or the representative member of each entrant will be notified directly by e-mail.)
Award and Prizes:
The winner has the right to basic and actual design, and the details of awards are as follows.
- 2nd prize (1 team): 24,000 KRW
- 3rd place (1 team): 18,000 KRW
- 4th place (1 team): 12,000 KRW
- 5th place (1 team): 6,000 KRW
- This competition is open to licensed architects(domestic/international), and up to three people can participate in joint application.
- In the case of a joint application, one of the participants must be designated as the representative member, and the representative will have the authority on submission of the documents related to this design competition, as well as the acquisition and renunciation of rights, on behalf of the joint applicants.
- The representative of the participating team must be a registered Korean architect and has completed registration with an architect’s office according to the same law.
(see competition website for more details)
Check out all competitions from here.