The STATE PUPPET THEATRE in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria and the Ministry of Culture of Bulgaria, supported by Stara Zagora Municipality are delighted to launch an international Open Architectural Competition for a conceptual design of the EPAC – Experimental Puppetry Arts Centre at State Puppet Theatre – Stara Zagora.
The EPAC – Experimental Puppetry Arts Centre will be an incubator for live theatre – syncretic, originally incepted, unconventional, interactive and bold.
Additionally, The competition is open to designers from across the world who are passionate about contemporary art and theatre and want to contribute to the design of an unorthodox, out-of-the-box building to be the home of the magic of theatre.
First Prize – EUR 5,000 /BGN 10,000/
Second Prize – EUR 3,000 /BGN 6,000/
Third Prize – EUR 2,000 /BGN 4,000/
Furthermore, The total maximum value of the design services for the preparation and implementation of all necessary coordination procedures in the design phase of the future detailed investment project is EUR 150,000 /BGN 300,000/ excluding VAT.
- 10 April 2023 – Official launch of the Competition
- 10 April – 15 July 2023 – Proposals development
- 05 July 2023 – Deadline for applicants’ enquiries
- 05 July 2023 – Deadline for registration of applicants and submission of the application documents, via the Competition website (by proxy)
- 15 July 2023 – Deadline for registration of applicants and submission of the application documents, via the Centralized Automated Information System Electronic Public Procurement (CAIS EPP) (no proxy)
- 15 July 2023 – Deadline for submission of the competition materials by all the applicants
- 16 July – 20 July 2023 – Preparation of the competition materials for evaluation
- 21 July – 25 July 2023 – Jury evaluates the competition materials
- 28 July 2023 – Announcement of results
The competition will be as open as possible for participation.
All Bulgarian and foreign persons or their associations will be able to participate without restrictions.
Persons who do not have a design qualification at the date of submission of the competition design, but are obliged, in case of being nominated as finalists, to provide a designer with full design qualification in their team, who meets the conditions set out above, may also participate in the competition.
Moreover, No restrictive economic and financial conditions will be imposed on the tenderers.
The jury is of well-known persons in the field of architecture and urbanism.
Also, Three internationally renowned names who have designed some of the world’s most striking and iconic plazas will be invited.
The names of the jury will be further specified.
Finally, more on Archup:
Heydar Aliyev Center: An Overview Of This Flowy Architecture