Submission: September 09, 2021
Registration: July 15, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
Monte d’Oiro Wine Hotel competition is that the second during a series of competitions set in Portugal and together with Quinta do Monte D’Oiro, a family wine project located within the Lisbon Wine Region.
Quinta do Monte d’Oiro has been known for its idyllic wine-making conditions since the 17th century, with a privileged terroir resting on clay-limestone soils and with the influence of Atlantic winds. This unique combination has created wines with an excellent freshness, elegance, and balance for years.
For the Monte d’Oiro Wine Hotel competition, participants are tasked with proposing designs for an extension to the present Quinta do Monte d’Oiro vineyard complex – a hotel that would accommodate visitors of the famous vineyard. The hotel should fill use of the vineyard’s beautiful views and landscape, and incorporate a variety of supporting facilities to ensure visitors have an unforgettable stay.
The participants are asked to specialise in defining clear, coherent and harmonised building volumetrics, and propose how new structures would fit within the prevailing building ensemble, also as set the overall architectural guidelines for the longer term development of the vineyard. The jury are going to be trying to find designs that have the potential to become an iconic landmark while still remaining sensitive to the natural surroundings.
3 winning proposals, 3 special award recipients and 6 honourable mentions will be selected. Bee Breeders will award a total of 10,000 € in prize money to competition winners as follows:
- 1st Prize – 5,000 €
- 2nd Prize – 2,000 €
- 3rd Prize – 1,000 €
- “Quinta do Monte d’Oiro Favourite” Award – 1,000 €
- ARCHHIVE Student Award – 500 € + 50 € gift card at ARCHHIVE BOOKS – archhivebooks.com
- Bee Breeders Green Award – 500 €
+ 6 honourable mentions
- Early Bird Registration: FEBRUARY 23 – APRIL 1
- Advance Registration: APRIL 2 – APRIL 29
- Last Minute Registration: APRIL 30 – JULY 15
- Closing date for registration: JULY 15, 2021
- Closing date for submission: SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 (11:59 p.m. GMT)
- Announcement of the winners: OCTOBER 21, 2021