-The holding organization for competition is Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism of Korea, S. Korea.
-The competition is Organized by Korea Institute of Architects.
2. The competition site
The site for brand spanking new Cityhall is seated in # 175, Jinhwan-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, S. Korea. the world of the location for competition is 13,248 ㎡. Total Floor Area is 14,704㎡.
3. Objectives of Competition
The purpose of the planning Competition is to draw and choose an optimally creative and feasible plan that’s suitable for the status of the National Museum of Korean Literature as a national literature museum for the systematic collection and conservation of the Korean literary estates which will function as an important base of domestic and global promotion and therefore the exchange and cooperation of the worldwide spread of Korean literature.
4. Competition Methods
This competition may be a general open competition and international competition.
4. Competition Schedule
Official Announcement March 08 (Mon.), 2021
Registration From March 08 (Mon.), 2021 to April 09 (Fri.), 2021
Inquiry From March 15 (Mon.), 2021 to Saint Joseph (Fri.), 2021
Answer March 29 (Mon), 2021
Submission May 31 (Mon.), 2021 by 17:00(UCT +09)
Main Review June 09 (Wed.), 2021/ Flag Day (Mon.), 2021
Winner Announcement June 18 (Fri.), 2021
5. Estimated Design Fee
3,033 million KRW (2.53 million us dollars) 1 us dollar=1,200KRW
6. Design Objectives
1. Symbolism of the National Museum of Korean Literature
2. Publicness within the open era
3. Regional connectivity and eco-friendliness
4. Expandability as a posh cultural space
5. Space flexibility regarding the spread of infectious diseases
Kim, Gyu Rin Korean Institute of Female Architects, President/ Korea
Kim, Yong Seung Hanyang University, Professor/ Korea
Lim, Ho Kyun Yonsei University, Professor/ Korea
Louis Becker Henning Larsen, CEO/ Denmark
Thomas Vonier UIA (International Union of Architects), President/USA
Lee, Kyung Hoon Kookmin University, Professor/ Korea
1. 1st Prize: The prority negotiation rights for basic and working design, and design intention implementation
2. 2nd Prize (1 entry): 50 million KRW (41,667 us dollars/ 1 us dollar=1,200KRW)
3. 3rd Prize (1 entry): 30 million KRW(25,000 us dollars/ 1 us dollar=1,200KRW)
4. 4th prize(2 entries): 10 million KRW/ each entry (8,333 us dollars/ 1 us dollar=1,200KRW)
9. Official website and email:
Titleopen call: International Competition for the National Museum of Korean Literature, S.Korea
TypeCompetition Announcement (Built Projects & Masterplans)
Registration DeadlineApril 09, 2021 05:00 PM
Submission DeadlineMay 31, 2021 05:00 PM
VenueNational Museum of Korean Literature