Architectural Competition: Architectural competition for a seafront promenade of an emerging Black Sea urban area
Open International Competition for an architectural and urban planning concept for the development of the Imeretinskaya embankment on the Sirius federal territory.
Sirius — is the first federal territory in Russia situated on the Black Sea coast. Sirius expects to turn into an imaginative, mechanical, instructive, and place of interest of the country.
Image of the renewed seafront
The view continues changing along the promenade, making a striking particular energy. A sailor or a kid, anybody will have some good times and unwind in any piece of the waterfront region.
- Create a new look for the Sirius seafront
- Create new centers of attraction
- Create a comfortable environment for a long stay
July 5, 2021 – Launch of the competition. Start of application submission
September 3, 2021 – Application deadline
September 20, 2021 – The first jury meeting for the selection of 6 participants
September 22, 2021 – Announcement of 6 participants. Participants begin developing their competition projects.
October 1, 2021 – Set-up meeting. Project Site visit.
November 22, 2021 – Submission of the competition proposal
December 17, 2021 – The second meeting of the jury. Selection of the winner and awardees.
December 20, 2021 – Announcement of the winner of the competitionion
*date is subject to change
Requirements for applicants
- Open, international competition
- Competition is in both English and Russian
- Russian and foreign architects, landscape architects, and urban planners are invited to participate in the competition
- Can take part in the competition as an individual or as part of a consortium
- Applicants must define themselves in the competition category of participant – an established or young applicant
- As part of the qualification process, applicants submit applications with information about the company and experience, as well as a motivation letter.
- The renumeration of each of the 6 participants of the Competition: 3 500 000 rubles
- The winner of the competition additionally receives: 2 500 00 rubles
- 2nd place additionally receives: 1 500 000 rubles
- 3rd place additionally receives: 1 000 000 rubles
*excluding value-added tax in the amounts above
Learn more about the competition and guidelines here: https://sirius-veb-competition…
VEB.RF, The Educational Foundation “Talent and Success,” Sirius Educational Center.
Partners of VEB.RF in organization of the competition
Strelka KB is a leading Russian company offering strategic consulting services in the field of urban development.
ProGorod LLC is an affiliate of VEB.RF tasked with the comprehensive development of urban areas, most notably focusing on residential developments.
Part of the rights to the content reserved for Bustler.
For more competition, visit our competition page to get latest updates.