Sea Design Contest 2023 is now open for entries!
Sea Design Contest 2023: The Sea Design Contest 2023 is the first international contest recently announced for entries and is entirely dedicated to the nautical sector, organized by Tigullio Design District and Nautic One, and is open to students and recent graduates from all over the world.
Desall invites students and young graduates of any nationality, to participate in the Sea Design Contest 2023. The first international contest was entirely dedicated to the nautical sector. The contest is organized by Tigullio Design District and Nautic One and is open to students and recent graduates from all over the world.
The Sea Design Contest has three categories:
- Nautical Design: yachts, super yachts, motor boats, sports boats, rafts, sails, etc. up to futuristic boats, new solutions for boats, and concept yachts.
- Industrial Design: nautical cleats, onboard equipment, diving fins, diving masks, kayaks, jet skis, buoys, innovative nautical materials, furnishings for boats, gadgets, water fun products, technical clothing, beachwear, etc…
- Design for All: projects dedicated to the world of disability in aquatic contexts, services for the marine/outdoor world that feature a social component, products, and services for those who experience the marine environment – on board, on land, and on the beach – with difficulty due to disability.
Furthermore, submissions that will take into consideration aspects related to sustainability, innovation, functionality, refinement of materials, and aesthetics, and which will show particular attention to presentation, will be evaluated with a higher score.
Moreover, organizers are looking for projects related to the major themes of the sea. While there are no particular restrictions relating to the category of product or service sought. Submissions should be in keeping with the nautical sector and aimed at solving problems related to everyday life at sea. Participants can submit different types of design concepts. Such as boats, products, services, innovative systems, and projects linked to the protection of the marine environment or to the world of disability in aquatic contexts, etc.
Additionally, the announcement of the winners will be by the end of April 2023.
- Upload detailed descriptions and images to best present your projects.
- Uploaded images (maximum 5) must have an aspect ratio of 4:3; Accepted file formats: .jpg, .gif or .png; color mode: RGB; maximum single file size: 1MB. You are invited to use the dedicated function on the upload page to upload a .zip archive containing the 3D files and high resolution images of the proposals. Maximum size of the .zip file: 100MB.
Moreover, the contest is open to students and recent graduates from all over the world.
The three winners (one winner for each category) will enjoy the following visibility and networking benefits:
- Participation in the online awards ceremony of the 2023 edition.
- Publication of their project on desall.com, on the Tigullio Design District website. And on Nautic One’s social networks, Facebook and Instagram.
- An interview with the contest organizers.
- The inclusion of their profile in the press releases relating to the event.
- The opportunity to participate as a special guest in the 2024 edition of the Tigullio Design District alongside some of the best designers in the world.
- Participation in digital content at the Tigullio Design District in 2024.
- The opportunity to network and connect with companies and professionals in the nautical sector for future collaborations.