Open Ideas National Competition: Improving Liveability of Small Houses
The Open Ideas National Competition 2022 on Improving Liveability of Small Houses organized by Habitat Forum INHAF in partnership with CREDAI Pune Metro seeks to engage practicing architects, interior designers, planners, engineers, and senior students of these faculties; related Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs); Government agencies; Professionals working on slum-upgrading and slum rehabilitation, and others with innovative ideas in developing proposals on Improving the Liveability of Small Low-cost Housing being constructed by public agencies and private builders under the PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) and other affordable housing schemes and projects.
The Competition also intends to cover current past In-situ Slum Improvements Projects and Slum Rehabilitation Projects to seek ideas on improving project design, planning, financing, and implementation of such projects.
Moreover, The competition seeks innovative ideas in the challenging domain of designing tiny houses. It also aims to draw attention to and raise awareness of hat:
1. The inadequate size dictated by affordability constraints could be stretched through innovations in planning, designing, and construction
2. People-centric project planning should include psychological, social, cultural, and lifestyle factors as also the participative/ consultative practice
3. Sustainable aspects of water and energy conservation and waste management should be an integral part of the project design
4. Buildings should add constructively to the larger urban landscape, and
5. Emphasis should also be on the ‘community’ aspects of living
This competition seeks to address the challenges faced in the supply of liveable yet affordable houses in India. Innovations aim to deliver:
- Better Designed Small Houses
- Better Functioning Buildings with Sustainable Services and Green Building Parameters
- Better Relating Neighbourhoods
- Better Managed Community Spaces for Community living
- Better Functioning Urbanscape
Download the information related to this competition here.
Finally, read more on Archup: