Summer Residential and Commercial Design Competition for Students,
Dunn-Edwards Paints has set up the Emerging Professionals Program,
and the program will honor exceptional students – emerging professionals in architecture and design this summer.
With the company recognizing that the idea of professional development is progress,
this competition will give space for all skill levels, to practice real-world applications of commercial and residential design during the course of study.
The competition is open to all entry-level and advanced nationwide architectural and interior design students currently enrolled in the school.
Applications are due August 6, 2021 by 11:59 PM PDT.
Registration is free
Contest winners will be announced on August 31, 2021.
You can register at https://emergingprofessionalsprogram.com/competition-entry/
To ground designs, applicants must use Dunn-Edwards Color of the Year, Wild Blue Yonder (DE5855), and meet a specific need for a hypothetical client.
Advanced participants must submit a mood board, color presentations, and written description, and Beginners must submit a mood board and written description.
Summer Residential and Commercial Design Competition for Students
First place winners receive $3,000 in cash, plus national recognition through a feature in Dunn-Edwards Specifications and Spaces, and recognition on social media.
2nd and 3rd place winners will be chosen to receive cash prizes, and entry level winners will receive a $100 Dunn-Edwards gift card.
Early Photography Awards will also be given to the first 5 entrants.
- Sarah A. Maclean, Editor and Color Marketing Director at Den Edwards Paints
- Gary Cohn, Director of Design at Cohn Design
- Callie Sipes, American Brand Awareness Leader at Curator Paints
- Liana Gonzalez, Design Competition at Made Renovation
- Alex Jing, Adjunct Faculty Member in Interior Design and Sustainability at Pima Community College
- Sean Moreno, influencer and group designer at Hot Pink Pineapples.
Learn more at https://emergingprofessionalsprogram.com/